Ответить
Antiquar
Администратор форума
Благодарил (а): 3879 раз

Delirium (Progressive rock)

Cover.jpg
Cover.jpg (54.89 КБ) 579 просмотров

Delirium - Dolce Acqua (1971, 1989)
Delirium came from Genova, from a previous beat band called I Sagittari, and formed in 1970, releasing their first single a year later. Canto di Osanna, presented at first Viareggio pop festival was a successful single and gave the band an immediate notoriety. They had also won a Radio Montecarlo rock contest in 1971.
First album, Dolce acqua, also from 1971 contains a good and original mix of prog, jazz and some tuneful melodies, the leading role of singer Ivano Fossati is evident, with his furious flute soloing being one of the band's most distinctive elements. The album, housed in a nice triple gatefold cover, is structured in various movements like a classical suite, but here and there some parts seem a little incoherent with the whole LP. It was not a great success, as demonstrated by the fact that no less than three tracks from it appeared on singles a year later.
In 1972 their memorable TV presence at Sanremo music festival gave them their best success ever with the hit single Jesahel, soon followed by a similar song, Haum!
Always during their career Delirium mixed the commercial side of their singles with the more difficult approach of their albums, and this is particularly evident in this first phase.
Ivano Fossati left the band during 1972 to pursue a solo career that's still successful today, even with a lighter (but always full of jazzy and ethnic influences) kind of music.His replacement was englishman Martin Frederick Grice (from Boomerang) who, along with the ever present flute, was also a brilliant sax player.
Second album Lo scemo e il villaggio still has some jazz influences and a stronger use of sax by the new member Grice, with the evident lack of a role singer in the band, all members taking the lead singer role. The track La mia pazzia is the closest to first album's style.
Third (and last) album follows in 1974, called Delirium III (Viaggio negli arcipelaghi del tempo) and judged by many as their most mature work. La battaglia degli eterni piani contains a dark-inspired atmosphere never heard in their previous releases, the flute has again a prominent role and the sax is only present in Viaggio n.2. This is also the first album to feature electric guitar, as Mimmo Di Martino only played the acoustic in previous albums.
1. Preludio: Paura
2. Movimento 1: Egoismo
3. Movimento 2: Dubbio
4. To Satchmo Bird & Other Unforgettable Friends: Dolore
5. Sequenza 1 & 2: Ipocrisia - Verita
6. Johnnie Sayre: Il Perdono
7. Favola O Storia Del Lago Di Kriss: Liberta
8. Dolce Acqua: Speranza
9. Jesahel (bonus track)

- Ivano Fossati / lead vocals, acoustic & electric flute, acoustic guitar, recorder, harmonica
- Marcello Reale / bass, vocals
- Peppino Di Santo / drums, percussion, timpani, vocals
- Ettore Vigo / piano, organ, electric piano, celesta, vibraphone, cembalo, prepared piano, harmonium
- Mimmo Di Martino / acoustic guitar, vocals

Links:

Скрытый текст
Для просмотра скрытого текста необходимо быть авторизованным пользователем.
При необходимости обновления ссылок на мои релизы, пишите в личку
If you need to update the links to my releases, write me a personal message.
Please wait. All links will be restored.
Antiquar
Администратор форума

Delirium - III Viaggio Negli Arcipelaghi Del Tempo (1974)

Cover.jpg
Cover.jpg (37.74 КБ) 578 просмотров

Delirium - III Viaggio Negli Arcipelaghi Del Tempo (1974)

1. Il Dono (4:17)
2. Viaggio Negli Arcipelaghi Del Tempo (4:45)
3. Fuga N.1 (7:40)
4. Dio Del Silenzio (2:55)
5. La Battaglia Degli Eterni Piani (6:42)
6. Un Uomo (2:06)
7. Viaggio N.2 (4:33)
8. Ancora Un'alba (2:33)

Line-up
- Pino Di Santo / drums, percussion, vocals
- Martin Frederick Grice / flute, saxs, vocals, keyboards
- Marcello Reale / guitar, bass, vocals
- Ettore Vigo / piano, moog, organ, vibraphon, Mellotron, vocals
- Mimmo Di Martino / guitar, vocals

Lossless/Wv/Cue+Image/Log/Cover/3%

Скрытый текст
Antiquar
Администратор форума

Delirium - Live (2007)

Cover.jpg
Cover.jpg (44.94 КБ) 578 просмотров

Delirium - Live (2007)
Black Widow
This is a legendary Italian progrock band that produced several albums in the early Seventies. Halfway the Nineties Delirum made a comeback including some new studio albums and in 2006 they performed in the Italian city Trento, just released on this CD. We can enjoy the crafty and inspired musicians who treat us on a tasteful blend of folk (featuring swirling flute, warm acoustic guitars and strong vocals) and rock songs with fiery guitar and powerful saxophone.
At some moments Delirum delivers jazzy sounding parts with swinging piano and bas. Most of the 13 compositions contain great work on guitar and saxophone and of course, in the tradition of The Seventies, we hear soli on drums and bass. My highlights are Villagio (powerful with swirling flute and fiery guitar and strong soli on guitar, saxophone, flute and organ), Preludio: Paura (folky with a wonderful solo on acoustic guitar), Gioia, Disordine, Risentimento (compelling with a raw and bluesy guitar solo), a Jethro Tull Medley (good play on flute, guitar and bass and a pleasant live atmosphere) and an excellent rendition of Joe Cocker his 'classic' With A Little Bit Help From My Friends featuring splendid organ floods and an inspired vocal performance! The song Notte A Bagdad is based upon the fact that the government of Italy send soldiers to Iraq for a mission, it sounds swinging and modern. I am impressed by this legendary Italian progrock band, this is a good live album with outstanding work on guitar, flute and saxophone in a captivating progressive blend of rock and folk.[/color][/b]
Tracks:

Opening
Villaggio
Movimento I: Egoismo
Preludio: Paura
Culto Disarmonico
E L'Ora
Dolce Acqua: Speranza
Gioia, Disordine, Risentimento
Medley Jethro Tull (incl. Bour?e & Living In The Past)
Notte A Bagdad
Johnny Sayre: Il Perdono
Jesahel
With A Little Help From My Friends

Line-up:
- Ettore Vigo / piano, keyboards, Hammond Organ, voice
- Martin Grice / flute, saxes, keyboards, voice
- Pino Di Santo / drums, percussions, voice
- Roberto Solinas / voice, electric and acoustic guitars
- Fabio Chighini / bass, voice

Links

Скрытый текст
Ответить

Вернуться в «Italy (different genres) (lossless)»