Calliope (Progressive rock)

Ответить
Antiquar
Администратор форума
Благодарил (а): 3871 раз

Calliope (Progressive rock)

Cover.jpg
Cover.jpg (88.42 КБ) 610 просмотров

Calliope - La Terra Dei Grandi Occhi (1992)

Artist: Calliope
Album: La Terra Dei Grandi Occhi
Year: 1992
Country; Italy
Label: Vinyl Magic VMNP01
Style: Progressive rock
Genre: Symphonic, ecletic prog
Format: ape (image) with cue, log
artcover: yes, full
Size: 316 MB (5 % recovery)

Calliope biography
New Italian Progressive band, Calliope is a based-keyboards quartet which uses only old vocals. This Italian band features voice, guitar, keyboards, bass and drums. The compositions make use of plenty of Italian lyrics, Hammond organ, electric guitar and energetic rhythms. The sounds are rich, varied and mostly electric. This music is faithful to Italian tradition and relies on an energetic approach and an imposing sound. They are one of the more promising progressive rock bands of the modern Italian scene, especially if you like the rich, 70s analog symphonic sound. It's like LATTE & MIELE, LE ORME, but also PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI.
CALLIOPE are a five piece band from Italy who really pay their respects to the golden era of RPI with their vintage keyboards(moog,hammond,mellotron) and strong Italian vocals.This is their debut which was released in 1992.This is the only album i have by this band but i'm so impressed.I'm really surprised this record isn't rated higher than it is. What caught my attention right away with the title track La Terra Dei Grandi Occhi was how fast the keyboardist is! As tszirmay points out this guy plays at the speed of light.What's more impressive to me though is the mellotron that floods in when it settles down.Vocals join in and they sound really good.Great section! The synths then guitar really rip it up as the mellotron continues.Amazing! Bass comes in prominantly.It settles again before 6 1/2 minutes and vocals return.Mellotron follows. Non Si Credo Piu is led by organ and drums as bass and guitar help out.Vocals a minute in.The organ and bass really standout.Synths come in then it settles but not for long.Great tune. Lunario offers a variety of keyboard sounds and check out the tasteful guitar 3 minutes in.Nice instrumental. Pensieri Affascinanti is a feel good song to me.The vocals and organ sound great while the guitar and relentless bass all add to this wonderful sound.Nice guitar work after 3 minutes.Mellotron follows.It calms right down 4 1/2 minutes in with organ,mellotron,bass and drums.Vocals join in.Kicks in before 7 minutes.Vocal melodies end it. Passi Dentro Il Tempo opens with 1 1/2 minutes of fantasic instrumental sounds before the vocals come in.Another feel good song.The guitar lights it up 3 minutes in. Avalon sounds so good when the strong vocals arrive followed by a river of mellotron.The bass and organ shine as well on this powerful track. L'anima Del Cielo opens with guitar,bass and drums.Cool sound.Organ joins in with vocals.It turns powerful then settles back as the contrasts continue.What a great sound 6 minutes in,especially the vocals and organ. Mellotronmania is simply that,lots of mellotron and other vintage keyboard sounds. The mellotron,hammond and vocals alone cry out for 4 stars.
Songs:
1. La Terra dei Grandi Occhi (8:35)
2. Non si Credo piu (5:03)
3. Lunario (3:54)
4. Pensieri Affascinanti (8:54)
5. Passi Dentro il Tempo (4:24)
6. Avalon (4:18)
7. L'Anima del Cielo (6:49)
8. Mellotronmania (1:32)
Total Time: 43:29

Line-up:
- Massimo Berruti / lead vocals
- Gianni Catalano / drums
- Rinaldo Doro / keyboards
- Mario Guadagnin / guitar (acoustic 6 & 12 string, electric, vocals)
- Enzo Martin / bass

Links:

Скрытый текст
Для просмотра скрытого текста необходимо быть авторизованным пользователем.
При необходимости обновления ссылок на мои релизы, пишите в личку
If you need to update the links to my releases, write me a personal message.
Please wait. All links will be restored.
Antiquar
Администратор форума

Calliope - Citta' di Frontiera (1993)

Cover.jpg
Cover.jpg (71.29 КБ) 609 просмотров

Calliope - Citta' di Frontiera (1993)

01. La Prova (8:21)
02. Sarajevo (6:42)
03. Margherita a Rodi (6:59)
04. Terra di Nessuno (7:53)
05. Senza Pretese (0:49)
06. Windsor (9:39)
07. L'Attesa (2:26)
08. Il Ritorno (7:00)

Lossless/Flac/Cue+Image/Log/Cover/3%

Скрытый текст
Antiquar
Администратор форума

Calliope - Il Madrigale Del Vento (1995)

Cover.jpg
Cover.jpg (70.08 КБ) 609 просмотров

Calliope - Il Madrigale Del Vento (1995)
Vinyl Magic VNMP015

[/b]
New Italian Progressive band, Calliope is a based-keyboards quartet which uses only old vocals. This Italian band features voice, guitar, keyboards, bass and drums. The compositions make use of plenty of Italian lyrics, Hammond organ, electric guitar and energetic rhythms. The sounds are rich, varied and mostly electric. This music is faithful to Italian tradition and relies on an energetic approach and an imposing sound. They are one of the more promising progressive rock bands of the modern Italian scene, especially if you like the rich, 70s analog symphonic sound. It's like Latte & Miele, Le Orme, But Also Premiata Forneria Marconi.
For this one, Calliope went for a slight shift in their musical direction, lowering their hard aspect while increasing their softer facet: the compositions are now based on more subtle and delicate musical motifs, and the performances are more clearly focused on the interplays than in their previous albums. The incorporation of a female lead singer, Annalisa Gastaldo, is also a relevant factor in favour of this re-direction. So, generally speaking, Il Madrigale del Vento is a typically melodic-oriented neo-prog opus, that turns out to be quite impressive due to the fact that the compositional ideas are very attractive and the overall performances are solid. The opening three-part suite 'Terra di Maggio' is really lovely, and so is the closing suite 'La Visione della Dolce Pioggia'. In fact, the latter is richer in terms of varied musical motifs and more accomplished in terms of cohesive arrangements - the Renaissance stuff brought in it reminds me of what Minimum Vital used to do in the good old early 90s. IMHO, this is the album's apex, but still there's more to comment about in this review. Track 2 goes to melancholy places, displaying a charming air of reflectiveness, while tracks 3 and 4 kind of take us back to the times of Renaissance nobility entertained by glamorous musical ensembles - the latter turns out particularly colourful in a pompous yet not excessive manner (once again, the similarities to early 90s Minimum Vital come to mind). 'Il Tempo sei Tu' brings back the overt melancholy that had been introduced earlier in 'La Nascit? della Luna', if only a bit more captivating.
Tracks:
1. The land of may / Terra di maggio (16:10)
2. The birth of the moon / La nascita della luna (6:22)
3. En haute de crete (swiss traditional) / En haute de crete (4:16)
3. The fair plait (lyrics by F. Landini, 14th century / La bionda treccia (4:32)
4 The time are you / Il tempo sei tu (3:16)
5. The vision of the sweet rain / La visione della dolce pioggia (17:19)
Total Time: 51:55

Line-up:
- Annalisa Gastaldo / lead vocals
- Rinaldo Doro / keyboards
- Enrico Perrucci / keyboards
- Gianni Catalano / drums
- Aldo Mari / guitar
- Lele Tosches / bass

APE/Cue+Image/Log/Cover/3%

Скрытый текст
Antiquar
Администратор форума

Calliope - Generazioni (2002)

Cover.jpg
Cover.jpg (79.96 КБ) 609 просмотров

Calliope - Generazioni (2002)

01. La prova (8:10)
02. Pensieri affascinani (9:37)
03. Margherita a Rodi (7:04)
04. Luci ed Ombre (7:53)
05. Non ci credo piu' (7:05)
06. Lunario (4:32)
07. La terra dei grandi occhi (9:05)

Alessandro Amato - lead voice
Flaviano Sciarpa - drums
Francesco Lannocca - guitar
Andrea Crovagna - bass
Enrico Perrucci - keyboards

Lossless/Flac/Cue+Image/Log/Cover/3%

Скрытый текст
Ответить

Вернуться в «Italy (different genres) (lossless)»